My name is Fred Griffin, Jr. I am running for Leesburg City Commissioner Distract 3. I am a proud husband to my lovely wife of 6 years with two beautiful girls. As a Lake County native, I was born and raised in Eustis. I’m very active in my local ministry Citadel of Hope as Board of Directors along with Hope Vision Board of Directors, Deacon, and Servant Leader.
I’m a State of Florida provider with Agency for Persons With Disabilities, and a sub bus driver for Lake County School Board. I’m very involved in the communities of Central, FL as a mentor at Leesburg High 2 Steps In Common, Marion, and Sumter Schools volunteer, Leesburg Task Force w/ Ms. Mary Tucker, Fred Griffin, Jr. Scholarship Foundation, a motivational speaker at Lake-Sumter State College, mentored with Big Brothers Big Sisters, Central, FL for eight years, a volunteer with Keep Lake Beautiful, and also served on Lake County Elders Affairs Board for 2 years.
- November 2019, Best of Central, FL Award: Young Professional Business of the Year.
- April 2018, Trio Upward Bound & Talent Search Community Collaboration Award by Lake-Sumter State College.
- January 2018, Eagle Award finalist for Emerging Business Of The Year with African American Chamber of Commerce Central, FL.
As a successful business owner of 7 years, I know how important it is to run a business and come out on top in the midst of a State of Emergency. My educational background includes:
- International Business & Economics
- Essential Management Skills
- Human Resource Management
- Strategy & Operations
- Finance & Accounting
- Marketing & Communications
“It’s hard to represent people if you don’t listen to their concerns.” Leesburg, I am listening and I hear you loud and clear. I am the right guy as your next City Commissioner. I’m Fred Griffin, Jr. and I approve this message.
Fred Griffin, Jr.